In order to determine these metrological parameters the equipment is tested under the following main categories:
- Testing the stand
- Testing the seats and the specimen grips
- Testing the pendulum
- Testing the display structure
Did you know…
The impact strength is distinguished by two different methods, depending on what point in the specimen and how to hit it.
CHARPY IMPACT TEST: the specimen positioned -as a simply supported beam -horizontally on the machine and the pendulum strikes the opposite side of the notch.
IZOD IMPACT TEST: During the impact test, the test specimen is fixed in vertical position as one end fixed rods, the notch looking in the direction of the stirke and the pendulum strikes the specimen protruding end.
A LITTLE THEORY…
The results of the fracture mechanics tests are used for the assessment of the safety against rigid fracture. Four main categories are distinguished in fracture mechanics tests:
- Under constant state parameters comparative tests based on the required energy for break of the standardized specimen.
- Testing the needed energy of the break depending on the state parameters.
- Determine the necessary state parameters for the start or stop of cracking.
- • Determine the state parameters suitable for measuring which provide relationship between the external permitted voltage and a decent crack size under constant caracteristic state parameters.
With the impact test the features included in the first group can be determined. So with the standardized impact bending experiment the impact energy can be determined.
The impact energy is for the demtermine the toughness order of the persistently behaving materials (such as hardened steels, hardened steel core ...).
The constant state parameters are the following:
The speed of the standard pendulum:
The speed of the standard pendulum
The stress state is determined by the size of the specimen and standard notch.
„U” notch test
„V” notch test
Only with the same type of test specimen recorded results are comparable.